Wednesday 4 May 2016

Jamie Oliver's Italian Restaurant - Review!

A month or so ago, my gorgeous amazing man took me out for a surprise dinner to Jamie's Italian in Sydney! I was so excited to try all the delicious meals and wine to match, and of course, it exceeded my expectations!

We started off the evening with Cocktails... of course! The Espresso Martini's were OUT OF THIS WORLD! So light and not too sugary, even Tommy thought they were to die for, and he doesn't have a sweet tooth.
 
 
Once we had our cocktails, we were kindly ushered upstairs to our gorgeous table looking over the restaurant. The atmosphere up there was perfect! The music was just at the right level so you could hear it, but not shout at one another across the table! I couldn't help myself though, I had to take hundred's of photos of the restaurant so I could write this blog and reflect on my amazing night!
 
~

For our entrĂ©e, Tommy and I shared the delicious Crab and Avocado Bruschetta! The delightfully light but tasty starter was served on a crunchy piece of bread with fresh white & brown crab, crunchy fennel, smashed avocado, yoghurt & chilli! We were a little disappointed there was only one serve, but as all couples do, we split it <3* [*I got the big piece!!!]


As we awaited our mains, we ordered the house red wine, Jamie's Vino Rosso, which for $39 a bottle, was an excellent choice for people on a budget. Now for Tom and I, we are usually eating in the Newtown/Marrickville area stopping into local pubs and bars like Mary's and Miss Peaches, however tonight my man spoiled me rotten. The prices in Jamie's Italian Restaurant are very reasonable, and the serves are large, but for people who are not earning the big bucks [one can only dream], coming here was a special treat!


As our mains arrived, I could smell the mushroom from the across the room! I ordered the Wild Mushroom Risotto, whilst my lover ordered the Lamb Pipe!

 
Words cannot describe how amazing both meals tasted. The lamb, so delectable, so delicious and so perfectly cooked, the lamb just fell apart! The risotto, with just the right amount of mushroom and salt, felt like it just melted away in your mouth.

 
Again, like all couples, we shared these mains as we both couldn't help but go "You HAVE to try this" and "Oh my God I think I just died" at each other, so it was an easy decision to share!
 
~
 
By the time the plates were cleared away and the excellent waiter came back to ask if we wanted dessert, we both looked at each other and said there was no way we could fit in anymore food!

 
We sat for awhile and drank our wine, talked about our lives and everything happening in them and sat completely satisfied and in peace at our table.
 
Overall, Jamie's Italian was out of this world. The food, the service, the wine was all perfect! I could not recommend a place for a romantic dinner, on an affordable budget, more than Jamie's.

To check it out, please go to www.jamieoliver.com/italian/australia and book in tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment